Mobile Equipment Mechanic
We are currently looking for a full-time Mobile Equipment Mechanic to join our Freeman Lumber Maintenance Team. This role reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be responsible for repairs and maintenance of our mobile equipment, including:
- Completing regular Fleet maintenance of our mobile equipment.
- Maintaining records of service and repairs to equipment.
- Documenting required spare parts needed as well as all maintenance materials and supplies.
- Correctly diagnosing mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems of our mobile equipment.
- Participating in equipment rebuilds and repairs.
- Replacing defective parts using hand tools, hoists, lifts, and power tools.
- Fabricating or repairing parts using lathe, milling machine and other machine shop equipment.
- Testing mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Operating and inspecting machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Reading and understanding operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Working in a safe manner ensuring that all safety procedures and applicable codes are followed.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance of safe work practices and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with metal fabrication, hydraulics/pneumatics, refractory work, bearings/seals, welding, pipe fitting, pump repair, and mechanical repairs.
- Ability to read schematics/blueprints.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment, including cranes, forklifts, skid steer loaders, etc.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task while working under pressure.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must be physically capable of bending, reaching, lifting and able to work in extreme environments (hot, cold, rain, snow).
- Availability to work shiftwork (day/evening shifts), weekends, holidays, and overtime hours.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ relevant work experience on heavy equipment repair.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of mobile equipment.
- Must have training, or be willing to be trained in Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform and Confined Space.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be qualified to work in Canada.
Our Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Benefits including extended health, vision care and dental care
- On-the-job training; additional paid training
- Group RRSP match to a maximum of 2%
- Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Two (2) weeks vacation
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
If you are ready to grow your career in a company that prides itself on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, flexibility, and career opportunities; come build your career with us at Freeman Lumber.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.