Forklift Loader Driver
We are currently looking for a Loader Operator to join our Freeman Lumber Team. This role reports directly to the Dry-end Superintendent/Chief Power Engineer and will be operating and maintaining a fork-loader, while moving and organizing lumber and other wood products on a regular basis.
- Load, unload, and move products and materials.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner ensuring that all safety procedures and applicable codes are followed.
- Complete equipment checks and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Filling out daily maintenance records.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance of safe work practices and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task while working under pressure.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be physically capable of bending, reaching, lifting and able to work in extreme environments (hot, cold, rain, snow).
- Availability to work rotating shiftwork (day/evening shifts), weekends, holidays, and overtime hours.
- Forklift driver or heavy equipment loader experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be qualified to work in Canada.
Compensation: $22.25 per hour for first 3 months.
Our Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Benefits including extended health, vision care and dental care.
- On-the-job training; additional paid training.
- Group RRSP match to a maximum of 2%.
- Group Life and Accident Insurance.
- Two (2) weeks vacation.
- Eleven (11) paid holidays.
If you are ready to grow your career in a company that prides itself on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, flexibility, and career opportunities; come build your career with us at Freeman Lumber.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.